Friday, October 24, 2008

Naked Boys In San Francisco

Current Location: Eugene, Oregon

It's cold. I guess not VERY cold... but to someone that has gotten very used to 80 degrees daily, it's very cold. I type this as I sit here wearing my sweater, my friend Cameron's sweater over my sweater, and a blanket wrapped around me.

I'm just kind of waiting for my friend to wake up so we can start the day. That's the only problem with crashing at peoples houses along the way... once I get to the location, I'm no longer independently deciding when and what to do. Meh, I guess it's a small price to pay for a free bed and food. Plus it's nice to have a little company along the way.

I must say, I'm really enjoying the drives alone. I was very concerned I would get lonely, tired, and restless. I've been totally fine. More than fine, I've been really enjoying my drives.

I guess it's still a little too early to proclaim something like that, but so far so good. The solitude and lack of internet really gives me time to reflect and come to realizations.

For instance, on my first drive to San Francisco, about 3 hours into it I noticed something. I don't know about everybody else, but when I drive for a long period of time I basically just blast some music and then get lost in daydreams. I fantasize about the life that I want and a life that maybe one day I can have. Or I imagine a life I know I could never have.

So 3 hours into this drive I realized I wasn't daydreaming about things I didn't have or things I was unsure I could ever have. Instead, all I was thinking about was this trip I'm on and the adventures that are most likely ahead of me within it. This was amazing to realize because for the first time in possibly forever, my driving thoughts were based on my reality rather than a fantasy. This felt really good, and it made me realize I made the right choice by taking this "crazy" trip. I'm actually happy with my decisions at this present time... which is a rarity.

Aside from the mumbo jumbo... San Francisco was a lot of fun. It was awesome meeting JoshSource. He was everything I thought he was and I was super comfortable hanging out with him.

I was going to write more about San Francisco, but I've kind of tired myself out of writing at this point. Here's a quick summarized list of my experience:

- Parking was a bitch. I had to park about a mile away and take a bus back.
- The hills made me realize how super out of shape I am.
- We walked by a bar where a woman outside of it yelled "naked boy behind the bar". I thought she was just a drunk fool, but low and behold, inside the bar was a naked bartender. Hmm.
- A strange gay man walked up to Josh and I and told me I was "cool" because I have a gay friend. So there, at least I have that.
- Josh gave me a haircut that I LOVE!
- I had tons of fun making videos with Josh and ChristopherMast.

That's all for now. Damn it, Cameron still isn't up! Arg.

No comments: