Friday, September 26, 2008

Fast - Day 5 - No Thanks, I'm Not Hungry

Something amazing happened today. Something I didn't think was humanly possible. Maybe I'm dead. That would suck.

Anyway... the amazing thing was I felt NO hunger today. Seriously. The past 4 days I felt at least a little bit of hunger and had immense cravings... but today, nope. Hmm, I still had some cravings.

Well, not cravings exactly. It was different than the way I craved food the past few days. Before I would crave certain foods like I would do anything to have them. Like I NEEDED them. Today it was more like I was reminiscing over the memory of food.

How can I explain this...

Okay, this is weird, but it's the best comparison. It's kind of like when a pet dies. When my little Maltese, Crumpet, died 4 years ago I was devastated. I cried for days and missed her dearly for maybe a year. Maybe less, I can't remember. Whenever my little pup would come to mind I felt a longing to pet and play with her.

But now, 4 years later, when Crumpet comes to mind I just have nice thoughts but I don't feel a longing or a sadness. I don't NEED Crumpet anymore. It's okay now. But if she somehow came back to life I would be very happy to see her. But only if she isn't a zombie dog. What? Let's back on track...

Did I just compare food to a dead dog? Yes. Yes I did.

So initially I missed food dearly and craved for it to be in my tummy... but now it's okay. I don't hunger for it and my cravings are not driving me mad. Yet I still have the memory of food and I still look forward to when food and I can once again be together <3 src="file:///Users/Denise/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpg" alt="">

Weight Loss: 6 lbs.
Hunger: None.
Emotions/Mental State: Had a little bit of trouble concentrating. But I think maybe I was just feeling done with the week and didn't want to work.
Daydream Food of The Day: Chicken marsala over bow tie pasta (as seen in the picture above). MmMmMmM :)

1 comment:

JhonQ said...

Well it's more like your digestive system is getting used to it, and your metabolism starts getting used to the low energy supply. It's biological mainly, but psychology is for half of it too.

I think the 3rd day was really the biggest challenge cause thats the point where the body starts shifting its stance from highly demanding, to more stable medium low pace.

anyway! keep on going! you can do it ^^
but don't put your health at risk for nothing ;)
take care!