Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fast - Day 6 - Limes FTW

Today I woke up and I'll be honest... I felt pretty weak. It was the weakest I've felt since I began this fast. I realized it was because I didn't drink enough juice yesterday. The reason behind this is... I'm friggen sick of lemon juice! So sue me.

Apparently, you can also make the juice with limes. So I went to the supermarket and picked up some limes. 

Sigh, the supermarket smelled so beautiful. This heightened sense of smell thing is pretty cool.

I decided I will be drinking lime rather than lemon juice for the remainder of this fast. It was so much better! But who knows, maybe that's because I'm just so sick of lemons at this moment.

ALSO - I've made a slight alteration to the way the 10 day fast is SUPPOSED to be played out. After the 10 days you need to only drink orange juice for 2 more days without food, in order to prepare your body to process solid food again. Then on the third day you're only supposed to eat fresh fruit and vegetables in order to get your system running again.

Which sort of results in a 12 day fast. The problem is... I REALLY need to be able to eat solid food on Friday. It's my last day at my current job and we plan on having a "goodbye lunch". It would kind of suck ass to have to only drink orange juice at MY goodbye lunch while everyone else has a lovely feast!

Plus I made dinner plans on Friday before I realized I might not be able to eat solid food...

So I decided to start drinking orange juice on Tuesday, which will be day 9 of the fast. This way Friday will be the first day I can eat REAL food.

I'm not considering it a cop out considering that on day 9 and 10 I still can't eat food. I can only drink orange juice.

If it wasn't for the situation I probably would go for the full 12 days... at this point I know I can do it. 

Meh... 8 days on lemon/lime juice crap and 2 days on orange juice ain't too shabby in my eyes.

***IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DOING THIS FAST - I have received a bunch of emails and blogtv pm's asking about this fast because they are interested in doing it. I do NOT want to give you the recipe for the juice myself because I don't want to misguide you. If this is not done properly it can be VERY dangerous. If you are really interested in doing this, please email me at denisevlogs@gmail.com. I will send you the .pdf file that you need to read in order to know how to do this right. Also, if you are under 18 I don't advise that you try this. :)

Weight Loss: 8 lbs
Hunger: Very little in the morning.
Emotions/Mental State: Fairly normal.
Daydream Food of The Day: Cold Stone's birthday cake signature creation... mmm ice cream.


No comments: